SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION EXPERT
This is a work from home position with periodic visits to the office.
Are you passionate about Search Engine Optimization and marketing altogether? Does driving unbelievable results and helping clients crush their competitors tickle your fancy? We love that feeling too and are competitive by nature. We are a small agency that strives to be the best in the industry and is always looking out for awesome talent that’s knowledgable, passionate and driven. Our goal is quite simple, hire awesome talent to give the best results to our clients. As an SEO Expert, you’ll be responsible for reviewing, and implementing actionable, white hat, onsite & offsite strategies that will improve organic site visibility across major search engines for our clients.
This job right for you if…
- You’re very passionate about marketing, SEO and helping clients grow
- You are competitive, confident, love to talk/communicate/learn/give ideas/enter in discussions and are not afraid to disagree, but equally able to receive feedback, constructive criticism, suggestions and learn from others
- You’re a quick learner that isn’t afraid to do your own research
- You are passionate about fixing errors and addressing bad former SEO practices that hurt client results
- You never settle for the bare minimum and are always looking to enhance performance with innovative strategies
- You take the time to look at all the details and find solutions to problems, regardless of how crazy it may seem.
- You are an innovative person that’s always looking for ways to take things to the next level and surpass client competitors.
- You’re able to multitask well and can switch between industries/topics and can focus on new ones
- You are a forward thinker that does their due diligence by researching client industries beforehand and continuously
- You are able to manage yourself and your own time/workload
- you can handle multiple accounts at a time
- You are able to work from home/remotely without pressure or distractions
If this is you and you love working with like-minded people, please read the entire description carefully to assure you meet the qualifications and understand the responsibilities. After you have read this entire job description, please include the following phrase “I love marketing” at the very beginning of your cover letter. Please keep in mind this position requires you to work from home with occasional meetups, so it’s very important that you are self-managed.
- Report to the project manager.
- Review and analyze client sites for areas needing improvement using audit tools
- Develop and maintain a concise SEO strategy for our clients
- Analyze and fix onsite issues and analyze any offsite issues such as bad links
- Create backlink profiles and acquire medium to high DA backlinks
- Reach out to blogs/influencers for guest posting opportunities.
- Work with content writers to create guest posts
- Work closely with content writers/landing page designers to assure best practices are met and the correct keywords and pages are optimized
- Work closely with PPC specialist to do keyword research and come up with the best strategy to improve client ranks in major search engines.
- Create local citations and maintain client local listings to rank better in local search
- Establish processes and procedures to ensure the site content is optimized across all platforms, websites, social platforms, mobile, and other devices.
- Monitor, track, and report on SEO performance and trends.
- Prepare detailed strategy reports
- Always keep up to date with the latest trends, strategies, education, and changes and updates that affect client results in major search engines
- You will help improve processes and documentation to increase efficiency and agency to client transparency
- 3+ years’ of SEO/SEM experience
- No college/university education required, but courses and certifications an asset
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of all search engines and functions as well as marketing
- Understanding and ability to acquire medium to high DA backlinks (white hat)
- Able to perform keyword research that benefits the client
- Able to pull reports and SEO audit using tools
- Strong understanding of SEO, SEO guidelines, rules, regulations, changes, content marketing, conversion rate optimization, algorithms, ranking factors, onsite & offsite SEO, technical SEO, reporting tools,
- Knowledge and ability to navigate tools such as SEM Rush, MOZ, Google analytics, tracking, webmaster tools, Spyfu, Google Ads, WordPress, etc
- Knowledge & understanding of web design/HTML an asset but not required
- Have access to good/fast internet at home
- Have your own computer with the specifications necessary to get the job done
We’d like to thank every one that applies. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.